Sunday 20 October 2013

Import Modelling



Today I'm going to talk about Import Modelling. I get a lot of emails questions regarding how is it like to be an import model, how much do I make by doing it, why did I choose to be in this kind of industry, do I make anything out of it? Well, to answer these questions. I chose to do import modelling because I was introduced to it by a friend who needed a model for his friend's car. I actually had second thoughts about it. I've always liked cars since when I was a child, growing up with my uncles who were car enthusiast, owning their own carshops in the Philippines made me love cars. Anyways, back to the story to how I started, I go to car shows just because I love cars but hey why not model for it. ;) I was actually more into glamour and fashion modelling and the experienced in the import industry was actually more fun. I got to meet new friends and new interesting people. Plus I do it just because I love posing in front of cameras, you may call it conceited but whatever atleast I'm not harming anyone. Plus I call it a hobby :)

Being in this industry has a lot of advantage and disadvantage. First advantage is that you meet new people from different countries, Also, my self esteem boosted up ever since I started. I'm actually very shy and being able to stand in front of cameras made me feel like I can be out of my comfort zone. Also, a lot of girls are very insecure when it comes to their face and body. I admit I don't have two huge melons popping out of my chest but that's not even important, i  think in this industry you just have to have the personality to a.) repping the company you are working for. b.) for your fans. c.) everyday life

If you wanna survive in this kind of industry you should always face the disadvantages. One of the disadvantage that I faced was losing some important friends in my life. When I started I got a lot of comments from them by saying what I'm doing isn't right, or I'm getting too liberated, talk or such as " Sharlyn, you shouldn't be doing this or that",  and also a lot of talk shits. In my own perspective, if they're truly my friends they would just be happy and supportive  to what I do. But I'm also happy because I knew who were truly my friends were, and they\re always there to help me and stick through my side. :)
Another disadvantage is some guys won't even take me serious. Trust me you will meet a lot of perverted and creepy guys. Plus faced new stalkers! LOL. But that's okay I don't really give a f**k about them :p all I know is there's one guy out there for me who will treat my like his princess and won't even care about just the looks and who will take me serious.

Anyways, I'm just happy that I got to experienced being in this industry. I love the people who I work with. The models that I call my girls <3 (you guys know who you all are ;) ).   and to the amazing photographers who are very patient working with us! If you have any questions or comments feel free! peace! <3

Taken by Kenneth Lam

Importfest 2012

Taken by Victor Wan

with my girls Kaystar Huynh and Saven Mi


Facebook: Sharlyn Dizon
IG: missbebot

xoxo - Sharlyn Dizon

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with people who are concerned for you, but they should still be supportive for you. Be humble, genuine and yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you're right. But i'd rather focus on the people who gives me positive attitude insteaf of putting you down reaching your dreams :) thanks for ur comment. Take care :)

      Delete